Thursday, December 2, 2010
I live
I live my life through trial and strife and cut in truth with a dull plastic knife
I know not what I've gained though I've learned about hardship through a tattered wife
I judge not, want not, and you owe me nothing. I love deep, care deep, and ache for something
Shouts through thick walls unheard I speak and slow blood loss pools around words I leak
I want more, need more, and you hold me back. I cry more, shout more, and warmth you lack
I live my life backwards through regrets and pain and seek to correct forward mistakes I've gained
I made my bed and lie in it still, trapped in a cage I've constructed through guilt
Focus now keenly through unseeing eyes and reset priorities over wants in disguise
For I continue to live through trial and strife and saw at the bars with a dull plastic knife
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment