Monday, August 10, 2009
About the title
Interested on why I used this title? Okay, so you probably aren't and I am not that easily deterred so here goes.=0) On an almost daily basis someone comes in and asks for something (usually a grocery item) that we carry, but offer at a ridiculous price. Customer: "Do you have butter?" Clerk: "Yes, back cooler 4Th door, on the top shelf." Customer: "Thank you." Clerk: "No prob." At this point the customer reaches up to the top shelf, retrieves their wanted item and brings it to the counter. The clerk rings it up: "ummm, $4. 89 " Customer: "What? Really? This is only 2 something at the grocery store." Clerk: "That's why it's called a convenience store...you know convenient, not cheap." Every once in a while you will get a customer that is annoyed enough by the price to actually drive the whole 1/2 a mile it is to the nearest grocery store, but generally they pay for their way overpriced item and huff out of the store. Thus, this is why we are convenient, not cheap. I don't know maybe I missed outside on the title somewhere on our sign that says discount...okay, so no I didn't! =0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You will pay for your convenience!
ReplyDeleteI learned so much working in a convenient store. The first is everyone that goes in wants to be out of there five minutes ago and they are all high strung. The 2nd is if you need to stop somewhere to ask for directions, go to a pizza place that delivers. The people there actually leave their place of business and drive around.
You are so funny!! Can't wait for more!!
ReplyDeleteWhat, you guys don't price match?? :P
ReplyDelete