
Aha, if you have gotten tired of people watching there is always our array of regular customers that trounce through the door on a daily basis. Now this can be a good thing or not...you be the judge.=0)
Brian. Brian and his entire family (just about) run a small flooring company a few doors down from Convenient. Brian and usually his Dad or his brother-in-law Brian (yes, that wasn't a typo), come in at least twice a day if not more. Most likely it depends on how hot the demand for flooring is that day. Brian is the most obnoxious human being I have come across to date (no easy feat mind you). Making sure he is shouting loudly whatever complaint he has for the day would be the norm. A couple of weeks ago it was "Why don't the people in the bakery wear hairnets? I'm going to call corporate and make sure that everyone has to wear them. I'm going to make sure you guys get shut down..." blah...blah...blah. For the record the people in the bakery pull their hair back and wear a hat...this is all they do at fast food restaurants, I think we are fine in doing the same. For two weeks he shouted this loudly at the employees, before we had ignored him enough that he bored of that and I'm sure is thinking up something else to harass us about.
I walked into work last week with my khakis (standard Convenient uniform), a tank top (not strappy), and my Convenient uniform shirt over my arm. The exact same thing I wear to work everyday. Brian was in the store when I walked in. He started cat-call whistling at me...over and over and over again. I ignored him as usual, saying only, "What are you whistling at? I am wearing the exact same thing I wear everyday..." He kept this up the entire time he was in the store, another very long 5 minutes or so...Finally he left so I could quit hiding in the office and get something done. Later on that afternoon I had my back to the door and could see out of the corner of my eye Brian's Dad coming towards me. I didn't have enough time to move (I generally try to be on the clerks platform when he comes in, he is a touch-er and a dirty old man at that...) and he came up behind me and put his hands on my shoulders. He was saying something to me, although I don't recall what because I was trying my best to ignore him and I hear a cat-call whistle. "No, that would be Brian...", I said as I turned around. As I was greeted with Brian's evil grin..."Oh, Brian!", I shouted as my fists shook. Of course Brian laughed his evil laugh payed for his drink and left. Do you have any idea how badly you get so you hate being trapped as a captive audience and definitely unfair prey to Brian and his antics?
Ha ha this is the very best Brian story I have and I still get enjoyment out of retelling it, especially if his antics have gotten out of hand...
Brian also enjoys hitting on and harassing our cashiers (never mind he has a girlfriend and a baby) and was hitting on one of my fellow employees who told him whatever and left. I didn't have anyone in front of me at the register and Brian comes over and leans toward me and tells me "I'd go out with you but, I don't date Convenient employees", with a condescending tone and his nose turned up. I looked him straight in the eye and told him, "Good thing for you I don't date snotty carpet guys!" He scowled and left with his drink. Oh, ha ha Brian! Serves you right!
I was training a new employee today and Brian and his Dad came in, harassed the new employee and left. "Be careful of Brian and his Dad", I said. "Those guys are jerks." That as Jamie (one of the boss's kids) came up and agreed. The new employee suggested that we just be jerks back. "We are!" Jamie and I exclaimed together. "They are not easily deterred", I warned, "They just keep coming back..." as Jamie shook her head, with obvious annoyance at the thought. Just one of those things to look forward to...or not!=0)
Hmmm, that would be so annoying! Can't the owner just have them banned from coming in due to harrassment? You guys should start documenting everything they do.
ReplyDeleteWe threaten to and have gotten close numerous times...mostly we are just forced to put up with them...gotta love it! =0(
ReplyDelete